Wednesday, July 28, 2010

THE ICING ON THE CAKE



Well, my July issue of Cake Central Magazine finally arrived... I have been waiting for it for a long time now, but all is good... it is here and in my hands. No, I have not taken up baking, nor do I enjoy reading the latest methods on how not to burn your cake... this was the first time that I have had a picture of mine published in a nationwide magazine. A friend of mine, Melissa, who owns a wonderful bakery (Sweet Cakes by Melissa) here in Gresham, was asked by the magazine to submit a tattooed themed cake for possible publication. Melissa called me and asked if I would do a photo shoot for her on the above cake? She did not have to ask me twice, I mean, come on... who would not want to have their image in a nationally distributed magazine... plus I was able to gain a few extra pounds on her delectable treats.


At any rate, her cake was picked and was given a nice full page position... and what put me on cloud nine was that I received photo credit... see insert. Well, now that I am a big shot photographer and other publications are just pounding on my door for some more of my images to publish, I would like to say that I have shirts and posters of the above image for sale on my website and for a few extra bucks I will autograph them for you.


By the way, for those of you who cannot see through my poor, dry humor and long winded sentence... I was kidding about the shirts and posters for sale... come on, I am not that full of myself. However, the autographs are still available! ;-)





1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Congratulations!! I will be the same way when (not IF) I get published for the first time. That's a big goal of mine so I can prove to myself that I can do it and I am worth being in a glossy. :) That's so exciting--enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete